Dallas Morning News Article
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/viewpoints/stories/DN-pitts_30edi.ART.State.Edition1.e983680.html
This link will take you to an article in the Dallas morning news. The article is about how families in California are flocking away much the same as all of the white people did when the african americans were finally allowed to desegregate in the 1950's. The author makes some extremely good points in his article. He talks about how Americans seem to be afraid of Japanese-Americans because they are "smarter". He also points out the fact that an increasing number of American families are taking their kids out of elite private schools saying that they are just simply "too hard". BOO is my opinion on that. I think that this mumbo jumbo about one race being "smarter" than another is ridiculous. Obviously I, along with many other Americans, know an extremely smart "asian person". They always seem to be at the top of everything. I do suggest, however, that this has nothing to do with their ethnicity. Upon researching this subject further, the reason that many Asians excel is because they come from a culture of high achievement. Their parents expect the best from them, and generally nothing less will do. I think that if more American parents would take this stance, we wouldn't be falling pathetically behind with the rest of the world in Science, Engineering, etc. So my word to these parents is- get a life! - you are the one who is setting your child up for failure by not allowing them to reach their full potential!!!
This link will take you to an article in the Dallas morning news. The article is about how families in California are flocking away much the same as all of the white people did when the african americans were finally allowed to desegregate in the 1950's. The author makes some extremely good points in his article. He talks about how Americans seem to be afraid of Japanese-Americans because they are "smarter". He also points out the fact that an increasing number of American families are taking their kids out of elite private schools saying that they are just simply "too hard". BOO is my opinion on that. I think that this mumbo jumbo about one race being "smarter" than another is ridiculous. Obviously I, along with many other Americans, know an extremely smart "asian person". They always seem to be at the top of everything. I do suggest, however, that this has nothing to do with their ethnicity. Upon researching this subject further, the reason that many Asians excel is because they come from a culture of high achievement. Their parents expect the best from them, and generally nothing less will do. I think that if more American parents would take this stance, we wouldn't be falling pathetically behind with the rest of the world in Science, Engineering, etc. So my word to these parents is- get a life! - you are the one who is setting your child up for failure by not allowing them to reach their full potential!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home