Friday, November 25, 2005

The Butterfly Effect

I know that it probably seems riduculous to be posting on a movie that came out more than two years ago, but I just saw it and I have alot of feelings about it. Basically, for those of you who have never seen it, it is about a man who discovers that he has the ability to go back in time by using his old journals and has the ability to change things that he doesn't like. Through this process, he travels back several times trying to change things so that he ends up with the girl he wants, has the right friends, the right job and the perfect life. Well, let me just say that things dont go as he had planned.... The reason that I thought this movie was so brilliant was because it explores a facet of the human mind that I think really has never been explored in depth before. I know that everyone has something in their past that they wish they could change. Maybe a regret, an event, relationship or traumatic occurance. "Butterfly Effect" basically explores the scary things that can happen if you were to be able to go back and change things. Life is meant to proceed as it naturally does. The things that happen to us (even the horrible things) have a purpose and a meaning. If those things could somehow be avoided (or changed) what's to say that it wont lead to a greater tragedy in the end? I think that the moral of the butterfly effect is that it's better to live out your life the way you were supposed to than to worry about the what if's and coulda shoulda woulda's that exist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home